Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Puckhead Palooza, Week Five Update & Major Announcement


Week five of Puckhead Palooza is finished, and Frank's number one ranking iin the Wildcat's Lair's hockey fantasy league didn't survive it. He got shut out by the infamous Ted E. Bear who regained his number one standing in Puckhead Palooza.

I faired better, narrowly defeating my pet dog Page. You can check out the rest of the scores from week five by going to our fantasy league page on ESPN.com. To see who is facing who in week six, just check the match-ups posted on the left column of the Lair, and you can check out the complete and current rankings below.



Okay, now to the major announcement. I'm sorry to say that the days of the Wildcat's Lair having two episodes a week is coming to an end as of this week. I'm afraid the burden of producing them has just become too much. Part of my motivation is to give a little more focus to my fantasy writing. That's getting a lot of extra attention this month as I'm taking part in the infamous NaNoWriMo. That's short for National Novel Writing Month. The challenge of NaNoWriMo is to write a 50,000 word novel in just thirty days during the month of November. Last year, I attempted this and failed miserably. In the end, my NaNo effort from last year proved more useful as a source of self-mockery for several episodes during that month and the first episode in December.

If you're curious to track my progress, you can check out my NaNo profile page. My writer's blog, "The Wildcat's Other Lair" will also have some occasional NaNo updates.

An interesting tidbit: to meet the 50,000 word goal, a writer has to produce 1,667 words a day. Going by that, I'm just above par as of day three with 5,079 words (Day Three Par=5,001 words).

I hope you'll all stick around for Frank Fridays. I'll do my best to keep Frank and his friends' adventures alive, and who knows? Mayhap, Wildcat Wednesdays will return sometime in the near future. For now, I will see all of you again on Friday for the next episode.

No comments: