Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I've Got a Secret (Supper, That Is)

A quick entry for today, but one I’m nonetheless excited about. I was sitting in the den with my son watching television when I heard the front, screen door open and close. Then someone’s footsteps hurried off, and I was sitting there thinking, “What the hell?” I get up and see a FedEx truck in front of the driveway with the driver climbing in and pulling off.

Now, my wife has done the ebay thing for years now, so I figured she must have gotten something. I open the door and find a fat FedEx envelope there, but the name on it isn’t my wife’s but mine! Then I saw who it was from: AOL’s Book Maven herself, Bethanne Patrick. Last month, she did a little contest and the first ten contestants would win a free, autographed Advanced Reader’s Copy of Javier Sierra’s religious thriller The Secret Supper.



Needless to say, I’m really excited to get my hands on any free book, and this one certainly demands a little attention as it hopes to cash in on The DaVinci Code’s success (even though the book was conceived of long before Dan Brown’s successful novel). This will probably be the book I read, after I finish reading David L. RobbinsThe Assassins Gallery. I’m still working on Tad WilliamsTailchaser’s Song. Just haven’t had enough reading time of late.

No comments: